We currently have the following ongoing classes:
SPANISH: We work with Lango, a complete program that uses storybooks to introduce the students to 5 different characters who talk about Spanish-speaking countries and their cultures, and use a lot of vocabulary! Each adventure they get involved in takes 3 months to finish. Music activities, puppets, and art involving the same characters help make learning a new language a fun experience!
- 4:00- 5:00 5-8 years old. $100/mo. Small Group class
- 5:00- 6:00 pm. 9-11 years old. $100/mo. Small Group class or $35/private class.
ART: We work with Meet The Masters, a well-known curriculum that lets children meet a different historical Master each month and learn through their style and different techniques… while also acquiring historical and geographical information tied to the artists, basic concepts and vocabulary, and learning to use mixed media — painting, drawing, sculpting and more!
Tuesdays – Saturdays: Ages 5 years old and up!!
Tue: 5:00 – 6:00 pm. 5-8 years old. $80./mo.
Wed. 5:00-6:00 pm. 9-12 years old. $80/mo.
Thu. 5:00-6:30 pm 14 and up. $100/mo.
Sat.: 11:00-12:30 am. 6-11 years old. $100/mo.
*All new students need to pay registration/materials fee $45 with first month’s payment
Mon.: Ages 5 years old and up!!
Mixed Media (painting in acrylics, plaster, sculpting): Flowers, landscapes, etc.
Recycled Cardboard Workshop: Making furniture and other objects out of recycled cardboard.
- Mon., 5:00-7:00 PM. Classes: $45 per class or $140 per month. Materials: $45 every six months.
- Wed., 10:00 AM -12:00 PM. Classes: $45 per class or $140 per month. Materials: $45 every six months.
Watercolor Basics: 6 classes total: 1 hr.per class
- Class 1 – Intro to materials and tools
- Class 2 – Tools control, color theory, and color mixing
- Class 3 – Practice, simple and angular shapes</li
- Class 4 – Practice, basics on organic shapes</li
- Class 5 – Practice in organic shapes, transfer and lifting techniques.
- Class 6 – Creating a scene and using techniques already learned.
2hrs. per class.
Watercolor, Intermediate and Advanced Courses – Scenic and Still life
- In Each class student brings their inspiration idea or a photo;
- Receives Teacher assistance, guidance and input.
- At the end of the 6 classes, each student will have 1 to 2 fully realized pieces.
- For more info. call us.
- Six Week course: 1-hr. class (6:00 – 7:00 pm) $35/class; Six Weeks course 2-hr.class (5:00- 7:00 pm) $56/class: 1-hr. class: $45/class; 2-hr. class: $70/class.The instructor is also available fm. 5 pm – 7 pm. Please contact us!
We Also Have Public Artsy Parties
Go to our Calendar, choose a day and time when we have a Public Artsy Party listed, and enjoy making the painting shown!
All you have to do is pay at least 24 hours before the day!
Paint Your Pet Public Artsy Party
$35/ 3-hr. class
This event is not eligible for any coupons or other promotions
This is a 3-hour class for beginners. No experience is necessary, and all supplies are included with artist instruction & sketches of your pets done beforehand. For time constraint, we allow only 1 pet per canvas, and 1 painter per canvas. Our stretched canvases are 12″x16″.
Once you register, please make a nonrefundable deposit of $35 on my website: www.artforlife.center. Then, please e-mail a photo of your pet to email@example.com, so that we can sketch it on the canvas before class. Please be sure that the photo is clear with proper lighting. Only one pet per canvas. It could be a photo of any size- Instagram square, portrait, landscape etc. We may zoom in when sketching it.
This event is BYOB and please feel free to bring your own snacks too. We provide cups, plates, etc.. Feel free to arrive 10 minutes early to get settled in!
*Note: Event may be canceled if a minimum number of registrations is not reached by 12 pm the day of the event. Any paying customer needing to cancel must do so at least 48 hours before the event; the deposit will be maintained for three months after.
And… Plan-Your-Own Private Artsy Parties!
How to Do a Private Artsy Party:
1) Gather at least 8 of your friends or family
2) Contact me by email or phone or online and tell us what date and time you want to come in, and what painting or wineglass you want to make; choose from our gallery — see Gallery page — or suggest something from your own imagination! (This is one thing that makes Art for life! different from all the chains — you can paint whatever you want, including your own ideas!)
3) Deposit $50 toward the total cost of the event, at least 5 days before. (Any cancellation must be made at least 48 hours before the event; a $50 credit will be maintained for three months after.)
4) Cost per person is $25; no promotions of any kind are accepted for Private Artsy Parties. If you’re interested in painting your own idea, the cost will be $5 extra per person.
5) Parties not meeting the minimum of 8 people will be charged the balance at the end of the Artsy Party.
6) Show up 15 mins early and bring food and drink to celebrate life and make art!
Plan-Your-Own Corporate or Teambuilding Event
How to Do a Corporate or Office Team Building Event:
1) Gather at least 10 of your fellow workers! The idea is to work together on an art project, like the mural shown in the photo. Making art together, you will get to know your fellow workers better, have some fun, and create something beautiful you can take back to work!
2) Contact me by email or phone or online and tell me what date and time you want to come in, and what ideas you have about the art project. It can be something to do with your business or anything at all! I will then create sketches for the mural or other projects, which will make it easy for you to jump right in when you arrive!
3) Deposit $100 at least seven days before the event. (Any cancellation must be made at least 48 hours before the event; a $100 credit will be maintained for three months after.)
4) Show up, 15 mins early and bring food and drink, celebrate life and make art!